By INPI Argentina
Moeller IP Advisors kindly informs to clients and friends that on May 27, 2019, the INPI Resolution No. 123/2019 was published, clarifying the recent modifications of our Trademark Law and its regulatory decree.
By this Resolution, the following is determined:
- Multiclass applications are not allowed. Trademark applications should be filed indicating only one class of the Nice Classification.
- The obligation of filing a Declaration of Use falls only upon trademarks and trademark renewals granted as of January 12, 2013.-
- A grace period of up until January 12, 2020 is stablished to comply with the submission of the Declaration of Use for trademarks and trademark renewals granted between January 12, 2013 and January 12, 2014.- Further information regarding the Declaration of Use may be found
- Trademark renewal applications may be filed as from 6 months prior to the expiration date and up to 6 additional months from said date.
- The notification system of our TM Office remains the same until further regulation is issued regarding electronic notifications.
- Two extension of term of 10 and 5 days is automatically granted to the ordinary 30 days term for replying to an Official Action provided that the corresponding fee is
Moeller IP Advisors to teach again a course on Latin American Trademark Law at Austral University in Buenos Aires, Argentina
By Moeller IP Advisors
Like every year since 2012, Mariano Municoy, an IP attorney and partner in charge of Business & Professional Development at Moeller IP Advisors, has been invited to teach trademark law during the Regional IP program offered by Austral University, Buenos Aires.
This unique IP program is attended in person and online by professionals from all over Latin America including people already working at the PTOs and governmental organizations of different countries in the region.
During July 2018, Municoy will teach two classes on subjects such as dealing with cancelation and nullity actions as well as protecting commercial names where recent local and regional have arisen (particularly in Argentina and Mexico).
For more information check http://www.austral.edu.ar/derecho/institucional/eventos/…Read More