Honduras introduces National Brand
The Government of Honduras presented its Country Brand, with the objective of promoting tourism, investment and local production. The graphic design was drawn by Gerardo Midence winner of the Contest of Graphic Identity of the Honduras Country Brand (“Concurso de Identidad Gráfica Marca País Honduras.”).
The graphic design is accompanied by the phrase “Honduras, we are for you.” (“Honduras, somos para ti”). This trademark has a colorful and attractive design. Every Color has it own meaning:
– Yellow: Represents the sun illuminating Honduras, the minds and hearts of those who work there for a better future.
– Orange: Represents the warmth, simplicity and strength of its people.
– Magenta: Represents the cultural aspect of local heritage, history, memories, art, science, and popular culture.
– Blue: Represents the sky, the rivers, and oceans as well as the opportunity Honduras offers as an open country for investment and the export to foreign markets.
– Green: Represents the biodiversity of flora and fauna, mountains, sun and sand.
The shape represents the map of Honduras and also a horn of plenty, which represents prosperity and affluence. The idea of the waves in this sign represents the dynamic and movement of the country which is constantly looking for development, explained the author.