NIC – New rules
Last November 25th, 2009, Resolution 654/09, which approves new rules for the registration of domain names under the country code top-level domain .ar (cctld .ar), –from the Foreign Affairs Ministry, in charge of NIC Argentina- has been published in the Official Bulletin.
The mentioned resolution incorporates the following changes:
- Prohibition to register domain names which begin with the characters “xn – -“, as well as those ones which begin or end with the character “-“ (dash).
- NIC’s faculty to reject a domain name application in case of verifying that it contains non-updated information,
- Faculty to register domain names to provincial or municipal governmental organisms, which have competence on tourist promotion of the corresponding province or municipality.
- Due accreditation before the Foreign Affairs Ministry of such entities which are Foreign Representations or International Organisms addressed in Argentina and wish to register domain names under the sub-domain INT.AR.
- Time frame of the cancellation of a domain that has not been renewed for 33 consecutive days, and automatic cancellation of the delegation if any.
- Possibility to renew domain names in process of cancellation.
- Non-competence of NIC Argentina regarding the contents of web pages that could be constructed under a domain name registration.
- NIC’s capacity to revoke a domain name registration providing the same affects third parties� subjective rights.
- For this purpose, a natural person or legal entity which pretends to revoke a domain name registration, should demonstrate his better rights, having NIC the faculty to require any other proof which estimates convenient in order to evaluate the legal basis of the claim.
- Notwithstanding an arbitral proceeding is established to solve any dispute between trademarks and domain names, having the presumed offender ten (10) working administrative days period in order to show his legitimate interest on the domain, NIC does not establish any term to solve the matter.
- Express enumeration as a cause of serious inexactitude in the information given in occasion of the domain name registration, of the total or partial falseness in the name of the registrant entity and/or the declared address
- NIC’s capacity to revoke a domain name registration in case of error in the registration, renewal, assignment, etc.
- Obligation to file the domain name assignment under the sub-domain ORG.AR and TUR.AR in paper support.
- The assignor and assignee of domain name registrations under the sub-domains GOB.AR, MIL.AR and INT.AR, should send the corresponding notes of transference and acceptance signed by the competent authorities.
The referenced resolution has come into force since December 1st, 2009.