PCT applications now only online
Since October 20, 2014, the ePCT-filing system is the only means designated by the local PTO for the filing of PCT international applications and associated documents.
The ePCT-filing is a WIPO online service that allows secure electronic access to international applications filed through the PCT for receiving offices, international authorities and registered users.
This online system offers the following advantages when filing PCT applications:
– Reduced PCT international and national fees;
– Installation and maintenance of local software not required;
– Safety via free digital certificate provided by WIPO;
– Maintenance, monitoring and reviewing of multiple PCT portfolios;
– Immediate PCT application number upon filing;
– Electronic management of all proceedings in the international phase.
For more information about the ePCT-filing system, click here.