Sunrise Period for second level domains (.SV)
El Salvador has launched the registration of second level domains .SV and the Sunrise Period has already started.
The second level domain to be registered within this period must be equivalent to an already registered third level domain. For example, the owner of domain.com.sv can only apply for registration of domain.sv.
Please find below the Sunrise Period details:
Filing of Applications
- Starting: October 2012
- Ending: November 25, 2012
Review and Resolution of Applications
- Ending: December 14, 2012
- Notification of the result of the applications: until December 14, 2012
- Activation of the second level domains: January 1, 2013
- If there are more than one third level domain, priority will be given to the oldest domain registered with SV Net., e.g.: domain.org.sv and domain.com.sv, both domains can apply for domain.sv but priority will be given to the oldest one.
- The registration of second level domains will not become effective before the ending of the Sunrise Period and the starting date of such registrations (as well as their registration date) will be January 1, 2013.
- If the necessary steps are completed, the domains will be activated in January 2013.
The extension .SV is already activated and we are receiving orders to register domains under that extension by now.
Please feel free to contact us, in case the registration of domains under the second level extension is of your clients’ interest.